All clubs in District 2452 are invited to include the following highlights into their 2018-2019 program. [Starting 1st July 2018]
“Youth is our Future”
District 2452 Theme 2018-2019
By PP Ralph Sayah, District 2452 theme committee chair, RC Beirut Hills.
All clubs in District 2452 are invited to include the following highlights into their program.
1-DG key notes
- Youth is our “agent of change”
- Youth is not only a matter of age, but of spirit as well
- Rather than letting young people work in isolation, inter-generational joint projects are evidence of mutual trust
- To serve society together and give young people the opportunity to shape the future in different aspects: education, health, peace, environment …
- Young people and Rotarians to tackle together the common problems
- Reduce the gap between generations
- Have the Rotaract president as an observer at Rotary Club.
- A delegate member from Rotary Club has to participate in all Rotaract meetings to support.
- Have an orientation session between Rotary and Rotaract
- Have at least one common project per year
- Recruit new members from Rotaract
- 9,522 Rotaract clubs, 291,006 Rotaractors, 177 countries with Rotaract clubs
- Build awareness and sponsor more Interact clubs
- Have a dedicated budget to support Interact
- Invite Interact President to participate in Rotary meetings
- Encourage Interact/Rotaract joint projects and meetings
- 20,372 Interact clubs, 468,556 Interactors, 159 countries with Interact clubs
- Help organize a RYLA
- Improve the credibility of RYLA [academic patronage, selection criteria]
- Sponsor more participants
- Promote RYLA to non Rotaract / Interact
- EarlyAct ™ is a school-wide service club for elementary students from ages 5 to 13 sponsored by the local Rotary clubs where the school is located.
- The mission and operation of EarlyAct™ are closely linked to the ideals of Rotary and provide the foundation and natural succession into Interact.
- The purpose of EarlyAct™ is to provide young students with the opportunities to participate in active citizenship in a culturally diverse democratic society within an interdependent world.
- Youth and RCs budgets (RYLA, RAC, UN day)
- Youth Role DAOF_District Area Of Focus: “Civic Education and Peacebuilding”
- Satellite Clubs.
- District Youth Exchange_DYE
- Rotary-Rotaract day – New Format
- Rotary / Rotaract teambuilding activity
- Rotary UN day (November 2018)
- Model UN
- First Youth pre-district 2452 conference?
- Rotaract 50th anniversary (2018)
- Bridging the generation gap through mentorship
- RLI-RAC Academy.