ESCWA / Rotary Clubs of Lebanon Meeting on Arab Millennium Development Goals Report
Venue: ESCWA, UN House, Beirut
Date and time: 28 January 2013, 2.00PM
-Rotary Clubs: Ms. Samar Saab, Mr. Jamil Mouawad, Mr. George Beyrouty, Mr. George Azar,
-Rotary International Representative to UN-ESCWA: Mr. Michel Jazzar
-ESCWA: Mr. Nadim Khouri [Executive Secretary], Mr. David Iyamah, Mr. Mohamed Mersal, Mr. Nabil Abu Dargham, Mr. Javier Sola Asensio, Mr. Martti Antola, Mr. Felix Herzog, Ms. Maryam Sleiman, Ms. Ivana Brnovic
- The MoU between ESCWA and Rotary Clubs of Lebanon was signed.
- The concept paper is an annex to the MoU signed between ESCWA and Rotary Clubs of Lebanon;
- ESCWA and Rotary Clubs of Lebanon nominated focal points for moving ahead with the partnership. The focal points shall be Adib Nehmeh for ESCWA and George Beyrouti for the Rotary Clubs of Lebanon.
- It was agreed that both partners would need to approve the materials (including the layout/visual images) to be produced before production starts. It was also agreed that written approval from the Ministry of Education should be secured for the dissemination of materials and organization of trainings for teachers before production starts.
- ESCWA will provide the venue for the launch event, whereas the Rotary Clubs of Lebanon will make arrangements for the catering to be provided at the launch directly with the catering company. ESCWA Conference Services will advise as to the practical arrangements.
· ESCWA to contact the Ministry of Education in order to secure the Ministry’s approval of:
1. The manuscript* of the MDG Report to be printed;
2. The organization of training for teachers on the use of the materials being produced;
3. The distribution of all produced materials to all relevant schools in Lebanon;
4. The Minister’s participation at the launch event.
· ESCWA and Rotary Clubs of Lebanon to develop an action plan for disseminating the materials produced and for the provision of training related to the use of the materials. It was suggested that focal points from both organizations meet regularly to prepare the plan and coordinate its execution. The plan should include:
1. How the materials are distributed to schools in Lebanon;
2. How the training will be organized (number of training sessions, size, type, timing);
3. Division of labour between ESCWA and Rotary Clubs of Lebanon in the dissemination of the materials and provision of training events (especially the potential role of Rotaract Clubs of Lebanon members in training).
· ESCWA and Rotary Clubs of Lebanon to prepare the launch event on the basis of the draft programme for the event presented at the meeting and the preliminary date of 18 April, 2013.
*Manuscript: MDG Report 2011, logos ESCWA, Rotary Clubs of Lebanon on the cover and on the1st page, introduction by ESCWA followed by the Rotary’s page.